ABOUT THE CLIENT
- The client is a specialist software company based in the UK. We have been in business for over 25 years, while our core specialism is in the Financial Services and Insurance sectors, we undertake projects in a wide variety of areas from production line control, through goods tracing and sourcing, to government and public sector contracts.
- As an organization, we do not generally engage in the mass assignment of staff, preferring to focus on the smaller, technically challenging projects, in fact, a lot of our clients come to us having already failed to achieve their goal – our reputation for ‘achieving what others cannot’ is enviable.
- We run proper agile teams, with every member of the team able and expected to contribute to the success of the project. We pride ourselves on delivering what we said, when we said, to quality we would accept ourselves and want every team member to show a real passion for the client deliverables. We also realize that everyone needs to grow and learn, and we look to provide the opportunity for everyone to learn and develop. Project isn’t always smooth sailing, but our teams pull as one with no one individual taking the blame – that said, we are all passionate about what we do but also having a great time, so our teamwork principles extend well past just the tasks at hand.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
- Methodology: Kanban/Agile (Scrum), 2-week sprints for Feature development
- Project: Our client, a large marine insurance company based in London, has been a client for many years, and over that time Jumar has worked with them to create a feature-rich Underwriting Platform and is a key partner. The client manages Tier 1 and some Tier 2 queries, but Tier 2 and all Tier 3 incidents are addressed by a dedicated support and enhancement team.
- Stage of the project: Extending existing support team already in place
- Key technologies: .Net, Entity Framework, SQL, Azure, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Sharepoint
- This is an expansion of the existing internal support team and will allow capacity to provide enhanced support to SPL Singapore and other projects targeted for support team coverage
- Work directly with client and development team
- The Developer role sits within BDO’s IT Solutions Development team and the Digital Product Management team. The role reports to a Lead developer and is responsible for building new enterprise and client facing applications in addition to enhancing existing applications. The role involves working with established technologies as well as embracing emerging tools.
At least 4 years proven track record of successfully building and delivering digital products (web apps and services) to market using agile/DevOps methodologies.
Technically excellent: Expert hands-on development skills for building web apps and services.
Experience of authentication, access and entity management technology using Azure Identity Framework
Experience with cloud platforms, especially Microsoft Azure.
Experienced in agile software development including using DevOps tools such as Azure DevOps.
Experienced in modern DevOps methodologies and continuous integration using Git.
Experience of unit testing
Demonstrate a good understanding of User Experience methodology and its importance in digital product development
Experience building fin-tech and reg-tech products advantageous
Good at English communication
NICE TO HAVE
- Financial Services
- Insurance or Loss Prevention exposure
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 or able to learn
- ReactJS or able to learn
- .NET, SharePoint, React, Azure Logic Apps, Cosmos DB